Wednesday, November 29, 2006

It’s all in the mind.

It’s in your head, in your head ……Zombie Zombie!!!
Its makes so much of sense now.

My guitarist friend explained the above phrase to me 1000+ phone calls ago.
“It’s all in your state of mind!!”
He said that in life whatever we do and however we act towards a situation, it is our mind set which ultimately pulls us through it. The success or the failure of a task depends upon our attitude towards it. The zombie of ours in our heads can make all the difference. It is just a matter of interest and choice.
A boy can only learn how to play a guitar if he only has that interest and the attitude. Nobody can force him, it has to come from within. The zombie must speak.
A boy cannot do well in his examinations if he does not take interest in his subjects. His approach is pessimistic. No matter how long he sits in front of that book, no matter how much you push him, no matter the portion, he will not do well.

If we just have the right mentality we can move mountains. That’s what is said. I agree with it cent per cent. Our football team has proved it this year by winning the tournament.
Our attitude and state of mind in the finals, I guess, played a key role more than the skill and fitness (in my case). Our football captain and our coach, Mr. Sharma played a major part in igniting this zombie within us and look what we have achieved.

Today someone hurt me by telling me that I have failed as a friend. I have been selfish and inconsiderate. Callous and insensitive I have become, have I? If I have, I am sorry and I did not intend to do it. It was not in my mind. But to do my part, let me just tell him this again, I know right now you do not have your mind set on studies, you do have your share fair of reasons, and as you know neither is mine. It is going to be difficult but we have to change our state of mind. Lets get back the 10th grade exam attitude. Put in a bit more time than we already do. Just change our outlook on studies. I know this is the post-exam-me speaking, but we have to try and make it last as long as four more months. Just to “jhundoo” them.


I guess from these recent exams I have learned and understood this theory completely. Now I guess I(we) just have to apply it. It is all a matter of choice and our state of mind.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really do believe that.
everything is in the head. its something quite fascinating actually. something that can drive you mad by just thinking about it.

the fact is that, whatever we do, dont do, or just 'can't' do, its all a perspective.
we all have different perspectives.

a very simple example,
we were all taking part in the football tournament just a few days before the exams. the easiest excuse to give for our results :P
everyday we came home and rested. we 'couldnt' study beacause we were tired and thinking about the next match.
bharath, was as worried as all of us. he kept telling me that he was afraid he would let the team down and all that kinda stuff. but despite all this, he went home everyday and studied, and has done brilliantly in these exams.
why? because of his perspectives. he knew he had to study, and he did. he didnt go home everyday saying 'ok today i HAVE to study'. he just did!

so yes romit, i strongly agree with you on this matter. everything is about perspective, and i just hope we can change ours slightly :P

Thu Nov 30, 06:43:00 PM 2006  
Blogger The Ego said...

I need to study... :( ... And 10th grade ain't too bad... just slog for a while...and then all will be well! Although I still have a BIG grudge against whichever idiots corrected my 12th grade papers...hmph...

And love that song... hmm hmmm...

Thu Nov 30, 09:38:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Tejas said...

Dude,
Don't believe the person who said you aren't a good friend. Being a good friend does not only mean what the "person" said. There are so many more facets to being a friend which i may say proudly that you have excelled in.
People are not perfect. Sometimes we expect too much from people. Don't beat yourself up too much about it. Its really my fault.
Ali put it right, it is about perspective, just believe in yourself, change your perspective, and everything will follow suit...hopefully.
:P
Happy Belated Birthday again, my Brother.

Sat Dec 02, 07:46:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Romit said...

i know ali - Respect to Bharath, i have told him that. I hope he achieves wateva he is striving for.

Thanks tejas,
But saying those words out loud and singling us out is not fair.
i know being a friend i should have done all that but the accusations were a bit too much. Same goes for the incident before chem prac. exam. he was taking out his frustations on a student and thats not how it should be.
I mean some of our teachers hardly know us....they to a particular extent have no right to accuse us like that. A simple private talk would have been appropriate.
And no its not all your fault, Its the circumstances around you which is to be blamed, i guess.
one thing though start studying asap bro and the same goes for me !!!

Sat Dec 02, 08:42:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok u made me blush, hmmmmm....
u knoe ali i dont think i worked harder than u guys - i really did not study much during the matches at all. i think it had more to do with paying attention in class ....
and more importantly luck!!!

Sat Dec 02, 10:03:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ello romit!
The coincidence of our posts has me boggled too! Pretty amazing! Ive always held this as a sort of backing to whatever i do. We're all the same! MONKEYS! we are we are! The one slight difference is how we use our heads! Some will give into a problem, others will fight it, some will push themselves to do better than anyone else, others will ease through life making themselves happy! what it comes down to i guess is choices! The choices you make in your head, don't define the situations and things going on around you, what they do is define how you accept these things! Thats what my post was about, hw you take the world around you and what you take as 'home' and foreign!
Nice post!
Tutu transvestites!

Sun Dec 03, 01:13:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Romit said...

"Tutu transvestites!"
WAT THE HELL!! hain??

Anyway harry... well said... good comparison also...suits us(me).

Like morpheus and Dumbledore....Our Lives are governed by our choices. Thats what makes us Different and Unique. And thats why Harry.....Modern High is the BEST...Srry joke tha ji.

Bharath.. yea we should pay attention in class...no doubt..but sometimes...the teachers are not able enough to capture our attention for more than 5 mins. No excuse ... but it is one tiny flaw in the system.

Sun Dec 03, 04:05:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok i know its a little late but as u said "Hey, nice post, i njoyed reading it, here's my comment" Lol it is a very thought provoking blog, u really can achieve anything if u put ur mind to it. On this note, i wish you besta luck for ur board xams! Do well!! It's all in the mind.

Sun Dec 10, 07:22:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home