Tuesday, November 07, 2006

"Dude, are you freaking kidding me? you serious?!"

It hurts.
It’s agonizing.
It’s painful not only to the leg but also to the mind.
It is stressful. Constantly thinking of what could, would have been and probably what will be.
Followed with sleepless and restless nights. The mind cannot fall asleep while worrying about something it loves.
It is tormenting to put a chilled ice pack 4 times a day, rubbing a cream every now and then, having tablets and syrups and just hoping it would heel soon.
What is really frustrating is to sit out on an important match, watching your team loose and not being able to do anything about it even if you wanted to. That’s killing!

Patience is testing me, I guess. Every one says this kind of injury takes 2 day, TWO DAYS, to heal and recover. It has been TWO weeks and I have not recovered completely. It is Frustrating. I curse the Dude sitting on top even though I do not believe in him. I wake up every morning with hope of a fine, back-to-normal Leg. Studying has become a bit more tougher when thoughts like this wonder my mind. This is my last year and I have to play and play well. My team is through to the quarters with and without me and I feel happy and blessed. I know I have plenty of football left in college and all, but this tournament is the one we have strived for 3 years. Every week playing and practicing in Maktoum, practicing touches in the children’s room , in school, outside school, everywhere. Too much! At this moment I cannot allow myself to miss it.

I feel it for the hardworking international football players who miss half a season, sometimes even one or two due to injury caused due to miss timed tackles or accidentally. Hell, their short span career is on the line. That’s probably frustration and stress. It would be devastating for anyone to miss world cups because of injury. But what I love about them is that they still continue. They do not give up, but move on. If they can, they comeback purely for the love of the beautiful game. The pride they have on being a footballer. They do not give up that hope to begin a new. Respect and salute to all the football players. Hats Off.

One thing I have to say before I close, this hell of a situation has made me a believer in the Dude sitting upstairs to a certain extent. "Dude, are you freaking kidding me? you serious?!" I question him, talk to him and take out all my frustrations on him. I have realized, people do turn to the Dude when they are hopeless and desperate and when there is no one else to turn to. I guess, all we need is a bit of hope to survive. Just Hope. And that's what the Dude gives us. Just Hope.
Anyway, Gooooo MODERN !!!

P.S – I sometimes feel like Beckham, when he broke his metatarsal and all, I mean the situation. Quite similar…

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better example: Owen ... a season to get his career back on track ... prepares for the most important tournament ... and poof, he's back where he started. Guess thats just bad luck (or punishment for leaving Liverpool :P), but everything happens for a reason!

Interesting how you've started to believe in 'that dude'. But at the end of the tournament, whether He pleases you or not, don't forget Him. If you do, then (sorry to say) you're one selfish guy!!

You eagerness to get onto the pitch and do yourself and everyone proud is evident in this post. You have hope, desire and perseverance ... and thats all thats to be successful.

I'm sure you'll forget the pain when you lift that trophy! Best of luck!! Keep fighting!!!

Wed Nov 08, 12:37:00 AM 2006  
Blogger anish said...

beckham...rrright...
:P


love you romit! and dont worry, now u are back in the team arnt u?=)

good luck and kick ass tomorrow!

Wed Nov 08, 06:25:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

govind is official modern high football tema supporter
srsly owe a lot to ur support

Thu Nov 09, 07:13:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean when there is no one else to turn to? What are your friends for?

Fri Nov 10, 09:57:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Romit said...

None of my friends are doctors or anything who can fix my leg. And apparently, the dude upstairs can magically heal and all(according to the good book) but nothing is happening of that sort.

Yes, my friends have been there throughout, most of them, and supported me and the team more than the dude on top. i thank them. r u Happy?

Who are u anyway? I am curious!

Fri Nov 10, 11:30:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home