Monday, October 23, 2006

My First Encounter With a China Man


My first encounter with a real china man. I live in a world full of East Asian's, Karama. I could never really figure out the difference between a Filipino and Chinese. Ali can differentiate them from far, but I never got to know if he was right. Today, I came to the know difference myself.

On a holiday, my parents not at home, when I was free, I was fast asleep. Everyone was busy doing something and I was sleeping!!! Suddenly in the middle, a call comes. I answered "hello", a lady's voice replied,” Sir, is d'is 3966244", "yes" " were you sleeping, Sir?", “uh-huh", "no problem-o. We just want to deliver 2 bar stools you ordered," I didn't know about this, because my parents had ordered those yesterday. I was confused. Her voice was really pissing me of. You don't wanna hear her voice in the middle of your sleep. It was very annoying. Continuing... "So we take a right from Pizza Inn?" "Yes, Opposite Wok inn rest." Then... then she cracks a joke..... “Opposite Wok Inn rest.? Okay..... So do you have to always walk into this rest. And eat your food or you can eat outside also?? *laughs for 5 mins*and I go exactly like "aeyyy oh..Oh...yea..hahhahaha" OMG I was shocked to hear that....seriously. You don't want hear all that after Khan and in the middle of your sleep. Then after 10 mins of talking and more jokes I managed to tell her my address.

Chinese people are seriously very prompt or at least this guy was ..... after exactly 10 mins.... he rings my door bell. I felt proud standing in front of him. He was a shorty. Funny guy. "hello sir, good evening" He bowed twice with biggest smile on his face and then slowly making an angry face, ripped apart the cardboard cover and the bubble pack in a flash and brought the two bar stools in. After placing them properly near the bar cabinet.....while I signing the bill......... he asked me if was alone. I said "yes". I swear to God and I am serious. He went, loudly, "haeeee yaaa" and took upon karate position, bending his body down like Bruce Lee and everything, and was ready to attack me man. I was taken aback with shock and in my mind I was like "what the hell??" I moved back two steps in fear, seriously, never before I have come across a situation like this. I didn't know what to do. I was trembling. He saw the expression on my face from which he got some satisfaction or something. Suddenly there was a big smile on his face and slowly turned into laughter. He got up and slapped me lightly twice on my face and said "just jo-king!!!" he took the bill, said "thank you, sir" and went off closing the door behind him. I swear I stood there motionless for 1o mins wondering what the hell just happened until Harry's phone came.
This was my first real encounter with a china man. Wished somebody had caught that on tape. It would have been hilarious from a third person point of view. I still can't get over what I saw.

Do you guys have any incidences with funny people around the world? I have.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok guys im not going to singapore -- can u imagine wat the raggin will be like????

Mon Oct 23, 08:52:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man....thats genius!!!! u lucky ass!!!
hahahhahahaahahhaa
sorry,very sleepy, will comment properly later

Tue Oct 24, 01:32:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ello again then Romit! Just left a comment on your last post and now that ive duly advertised it, I'll remind u of the Bahraini Salsa champion we all met at the Salsa beach festival. Anyway so we're sitting there playing an extremely manly sport(game called radio involving clapping and shrieking) when Anish's sister introduces us to Ahmed the Bahraini salsa champ. He asks us where we're from and we go 'India!'. To our absolute surprise Ahmed replies "Eh tu pagal ho gaya hain kyan?" (Dear sir have you gone mad?) Immediately Ahmed sat down and joined us in the indian tradition of..radio! Then I remember this paki guy who once told me the tail of the milk man in his village. Basically he'd add river water to it and sell it for more. One day though when pouring the diluted milk a frog, yes a frog, leaped out of the milk and the village laughed merrily as he vowed never to cheat them again! comment with a moral, ill take the extra credit now and leave!
Ta!

Tue Oct 24, 11:44:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaa! that was hilarious! everytime i imagine ur face and picture u reacting to all those lines... omgg! haaha! entertaining! :P

but one thing... u started off saying that u couldnt figure out the difference between a filipino and a chinese before... how did that incident suddenly solve that??

Tue Oct 24, 12:01:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Romit said...

I am srry ashiq didn't mean to hurt anyone.... i tht only my mom calls them that.
And ankita I will tell u later in person... or i ll make one more error in [PC] or u can make out for yourself by my experience ....read it again.

Tue Oct 24, 12:49:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA! Now you know why I don't fight you - each time you piss me off, I think of the possible expression on your face if I assume a fighting stance - and calm down. Lucky for you, coz otherwise, you would be shorter than that short chinese guy! :P

Funny you can't differentiate, coz the first time I met you, I thought you were filipino!!

I'm proud of that lady. I can't believe no one in class thought of that joke before! Wok Inn ... class.

Can't think of funny incidents ... but as far as non funny incidents with ppl around the world go, I remember getting bashed up by this russian called Gorbachov. I was bleeding at the mouth after that! I don't wanna recall it completely!

Tue Oct 24, 01:07:00 PM 2006  
Blogger anish said...

forget the blog entry - romit, today at football/absketball practice the way you explained/showed us the scenario - hell it was brilliantly hilarious! i can almost imagine! shit man that shud have been videotaped!

Tue Oct 24, 01:47:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home