Sunday, August 12, 2007

Chak De India


I have to start with a bad note because this Movie is nothing great. Just Different from the rest of the Hindi Movies. Any other movie which comes to close this one is Lagaan. And Chak de is no where close to it. Good acting by King Khan and the Girls squad. I like Shahruk when he acts in these types of movies, not anymore as a Lover Boy. I loved him Swades and now this one where he has given a natural performance. Not the usual types! The girls bring out the laughter in the movie. The casting for them was done pretty well. I think the movie could have much done with a better plot and a twist. The story and the game became toooo predictable at the end. I actually told my mom how the score line would go. If they could have thought of the Script and Storyline a little more it would have been great. The petty emotions in the movie were a little too much. The thing with Chak De is that it is one of its kind-type-movie in Bollywood or IFI but thousands of movies like this have been made in Hollywood so it becomes too conventional for me. But I have to agree that Chak De highlights many social and women issues in India very well. The spirit of Hockey was also well portrayed.

I specially wanted to blog on Chak De because this movie reminded me of our Inter school football journey. It’s like the movie was inspired from us, our Football Team. Its starts of with the Ministers (Principal) not encouraging and believing in the team at all and passing comments like “they would lose the first two matches and come back. Whats the point in doing anything??” Then this new coach comes who is like real rough and tough. Abuses and insults the players all the while making them train harder and harder. None of the players like him at first but that slowly begins to change as the results begin to come. They slowly start to have faith in their Coach. They lose their initial matches and then they begin to win. They reach the finals where they play their nemesis (Indian High) and win the tournament. I don’t know if others would be able to relate but the football team will surely be able too. It felt good because we were the underdogs and nobody believed in us that we could win and we finally did it! Pretty awesome that it matched exactly with movie.

I hope a well directed and original football movie also comes up in Bollywood which will inspire people to play, invest and enjoy football as well as they do cricket. I really want football to grow in India. I also hope that Bollywood comes up with ORIGINAL movies, even if the idea is copied please don’t copy exact scenes and dialogues from the Hollywood counterpart. Here I talk about movies like ‘Hey Baby, Partner, Etc.’



Chak De India – 7 out of 10.

P.S – Sorry, I am just bad with Movie reviews. I tried, it’s my first.

2 Comments:

Blogger ankita said...

Chak De India was a good movie, simple, well made! It highlighted a number of issues which need to be addressed in India. Things like Association corruption, women's rights and more generally team spirit, pride to be an indian etc, all well woven in the movie in the form of humour, hockey game. There was a lot to it that just the hockey game and its practice sessions.

Thankfully they didnt ruin it by bringing in some hot heroine and a few filmy dance steps!

My verdict: A good, light, different movie - worth a watch! (I went with no expectations and purely for the fact that Srk was in it! :))

AND finally Shah Rukh khan is the BEST whether in lover boy type of roles or otherwise!! NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY! *dreamy eyes* :D

Sun Aug 12, 11:43:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Gentle Whispers said...

i agree with you.. chak de was a bit too predictable.. anyway there's goal coming up with John Abraham & Bipasha Basu. So here's hoping for something much more complex and better.

Mon Nov 12, 12:13:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home